Norm Spitzig, MCM is internationally recognized as an eloquent, entertaining and visionary expert on club operations and board governance. His groundbreaking book Perspectives on Club Management–now over 30 years old–continues to inspire and challenge club directors, managers, members and students around the world. Norm is also the more-recent author of four very funny and insightful books centered around the wonderful world of clubs: Private Clubs in America and around the World, Murder and Mayhem at Old Bunbury, How Now, Norm’s Tao, and Soul on Nice. Book details are available at www.CliveEndiveOgiveIV.com and www.NormSpitzig.com.
Norm’s leadership and professional contributions to the worldwide club industry are numerous and significant. Elected a National Director of the Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) in 1989, he served as National President in 1995–the same year he became one of the six original general managers to earn the prestigious lifetime Master Club Manager (MCM) designation.
Norm currently serves as a Principal & Senior Partner in Master Club Advisors, regarded by many leaders in the worldwide private club industry as the “general manager executive search firm of choice”. Norm’s Board of Directors’ leadership workshops and strategic planning facilitations have been very well received by many professional associations and individual clubs on six continents–most recently, for example, in Quito, Ecuador. He has the singular honor of having been twice named the United States club industry’s “Educator of the Year”.
Norm, who is fast closing in on his improbable, and admittedly weird, pursuit of logging one hundred thousand running miles, resides in the historic, semi-famous antiquing town of Mount Dora, Florida with his bride of thirty-six years Cody and ball-obsessed chocolate Labradors Lucy and Emma.
Norm may be reached at [email protected], 352-735-5693, or 561-762-7195. For more information, please visit www.MasterClubAdvisors.com.
Your club can consist of the nicest group of people, feature state-of the art amenities, offer an array high quality services and employ a top-notch staff, but unless there is a sufficient number of members to ensure that the club remains financially and socially viable over time, it is all for naught.
In this informative and engaging presentation, Past CMAA National President and Master Club Manager Norm Spitzig discusses specific steps that all clubs must take to attract and retain a full, vibrant and engaged membership. Norm is well-known to a good number of CMAE members, both for his humorous books set in the wonderful world of clubs as well as his decades of service to the global club industry.
In particular, Norm will discuss:
- Understanding today’s world “from 30,000 feet”
- Member satisfaction and member loyalty: understanding the similarities and differences
- The four time-tested ways that successful clubs continue to attract quality new members
- The top six club joining trends in 2018 – and likely beyond
- Enticing millennials, gen-xers and baby boomers: what works and what doesn’t
- Knowing your club’s story – and how to use that story to further attract and retain happy members
This is a presentation that you simply will not want to miss!
- Gaining specific, practical, time-tested ways to develop and keep a full and engaged membership
- How to better recognize and appreciate your club’s most loyal members
- Developing a better understanding of global trends in club governance