British Golf Industry Association & Federation Sport & Play Marketing & Membership Manager
There is an exciting, permanent position within the Federation of Sports and Play (FSPA) team, reporting to the Managing Director – Marketing and Membership Manager. The successful candidate will focus primarily on the marketing and membership of the British Golf Industry Association, closely liaising with Board of Directors and the CHairman, and the marketing of the FSPA – Europe’s largest sports and trade body operating across the sport, play, golf and angling sectors.
Key Responsibilities for British Golf Industry Association
- All day to day membership communication (email/post/phone)
- Close Liaison with a Board of Directors and Chairman
- Managing Board meetings including minute writing and admin tasks
- Membership recruitment and retention campaigns
- Marketing and PR – to raise awareness of the Association within the wider golf industry including press releases and editorial
- Managing the BGIA’s charity “Grow Golf”, including liaison with the board of trustees, administration and information to applicants, management of budget, marketing to the wider industry and membership to grow contributions
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with key bodies within the industry
- Managing two day events consisting of the AGM, Growing Golf Conference, Annual Dinner and Charity Golf Day
- Overseas Travel – Attending and managing the Associations presence at UK and overseas trade events including managing a UK pavilion of exhibitors and a business lounge facility of two golf trade shows (USA and China)
- I.T – Managing the BIGA website content, CRM member database and monthly E-Newsletter
- Ad-hoc projects relating to golf
Key Responsibilities for the Sporting Goods Industry and Federation of Sports and Play Associations
- Writing press releases and working alongside the FSPA’s official publication Sports Insight
- Writing editorial for FSPA and its team
- Marketing and PR – to raise awareness of the FSPA and Sporting Goods Association within the wider sports industry to help recruit and grow the Sporting Goods Association
- Production of the annual FSPA marketing booklets
- Production of all marketing collateral (banners, stationery etc.)
- Support to internal team on news story provisions, marketing assistance etc.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and IT skills. The candidate should have a professional and confident approach to work, with the ability to work within a team.
The role also requires a friendly, outgoing and motivated attitude to all tasks with the ability to show initiative and work under pressure and a willingness to travel.
The role will be based at Stoneleigh Park, Nr Kenilworth, Warwickshire, 37.5 hours per week, a competitive package is on offer. Interested candidates should apply to the Managing Director, enclosing a letter detailing their suitability for the role and an up-to-date CV via [email protected]