CMAE are delighted to announce the dates for the Food & Beverage MDP Program in Dublin from Sunday 12th October to Friday 17th October. Interest in this course has so far been strong, therefore we recommend that if you would like to register for the course please do so as soon as possible.
This exciting next step on the MDP Pathway aims to develop the delegates Food & Beverage knowledge to improve the hospitality experience at their Club. The tools will be provided to manage and raise standards in front of house operations, controlling costs, driving sales and to be able to work closer to their team to achieve better results. This program is applicable to Clubs with all levels of turnover and those working with contract caterers.
Delegates will learn –
• How the Food & Beverage Experience plays a vital role and key to success in a Club environment.
• The costings breakdown, margin and how to turn your bar / catering into a profitable operation in conjunction with your team or contract caterer.
• Stock – taking and its role in ensuring that your margin is protected.
• Key elements of Menu Engineering & Design focusing on local produce & provenance to increase your sales and get the feel good factor.
• How Health & Nutrition plays an important part in today’s modern lifestyle and how to communicate this to your Members through your menus.
• Effective plate presentation and standards with tools that will lead to a more consistent product and experience.
• A practical experience of cooking a meal from start to finish within a large kitchen and understanding the pressures of the kitchen environment.
• HACCP Legislation for the Club Manager and how to run a compliant kitchen.
• Important steps and planning to ensure that you have a successful event at your Club.
• Getting the most from the Wine List, educating your team to upsell from House Wine!
• Achieve more sales and margin from selling a quality coffee and tea product to your members.
• How to get buy in from your team to deliver a higher standard at your Club and to change old habits.
• Marketing and communicating to your membership your enhanced food & beverage offering.
• Manage and analyze feedback fairly to constantly drive forward your product and get results
Delegates will be working on creating an action plan based on their learning and networking during the course of the week with the goal to be able to return to their Club and have the tools to implement short, medium and long term improvements.
Some of the lighter aspects –
• How to perfectly pour a pint of world famous Guinness.
• You will be shown how to create quality Americanos, Cappuccinos, Lattes by a trained Barista.
• Wine tasting with one of the most experienced Sommeliers in Ireland.
• Club Visit and Dinner on one of the evenings.
• Literary Tour of a number of select Public Houses in Dublin City Centre.
Cost of the Program is €1350 to include all education and accommodation on a bed & breakfast basis. To provisionally book a place on the course please email [email protected]