At the Annual General Meeting of the CMAE in Rome on 18th November, members elected Arnaldo Cocuzza CCM, the General Manager of Golf Club Milano, Milan, Italy as the sixth President of the Club Managers Association of Europe.
At the Annual General Meeting of the CMAE in Rome on 18th November, members elected Arnaldo Cocuzza CCM, the General Manager of Golf Club Milano, Milan, Italy as the sixth President of the Club Managers Association of Europe. Arnaldo was the first Italian to achieve the globally-recognised Certified Club Manager (CCM) status and has been working in club management in Italy for most of his working life. Prior to joining Golf Club Milano as their General Manager 5 years ago, he was General Manager of Le Pavonniere Golf & Country Club for many years. On taking office, Arnaldo said “I hope to be able to carry on the good work of my predecessor Jorgen Kjellgren in the further development of education programmes for all club managers throughout Europe, working with our partners in many countries as much as we can.”
Arnaldo Cocuzza CCM, CMAE President
At this AGM, three members leave the board after completing their terms of office:
- Jörgen Kjellgren (General Manager, Båstad Golfklubb, Sweden) has finished his term as our fifth President;
- Austen Gravestock (General Manager, The London Golf Club, England); and
- Guy Pelard (Director, Samanah Golf Resort, Morocco).
The CMAE wishes to record our grateful thanks to them for all of their voluntary work and time on behalf of the CMAE and for their enthusiasm and determination to develop structured education programmes for all of Europe’s club managers.
Replacing them, the members elected the following members to the Board:
- Julian Small (Chief Executive, The Wentworth Club, England);
- Daniel Asis CCM (Director of Golf, Oliva Nova Golf & Beach Resort, Spain);
- Sandra Tancred (General Manager, Falsterbo Golf Klubb, Sweden); and
- Pierre Chevallier (Operations Manager, NGF Golf, France).
Finally, the members confirmed the election of Marc Newey CCM (The Roehampton Club, England) to the position of Vice President.