The curriculum and learning outcomes have been provided by the Club Managers Association of Europe and this training course is endorsed by the Club Managers Association of America as part of the educational pathway to the Certified Club Manager (CCM) qualification.
This exciting next step on the MDP Pathway aims to develop the delegates Food & Beverage knowledge to improve the hospitality experience at their Club.The tools will be provided to manage and raise standards in front of house operations, controlling costs, driving sales and to be able to work closer to their team to achieve better results. This program is applicable to Clubs with all levels of turnover and those working with contract caterers.
The course is highly relevant to all club managers, as it provides an insight into the delivery of food and beverage services within successful clubhouse operations. We will take an in depth look at F & B operations from a management and control perspective. Delegates will study trends in menu and service delivery, as well as evolving legal requirements. Particular attention will be paid to the creation of successful, unique or themed events and how best to plan their marketing. The course will also enable managers to create and deliver appropriate training sessions for clubhouse staff, to ensure that service excellence is the norm at their club.
On this course you will learn:
- How the Food & Beverage experience plays a vital role and key to success in a Club environment.
- The costings breakdown, margin and how to turn your bar/catering into a profitable operation in conjunction with your team or contract caterer.
- Stocktaking and its role in ensuring that your margin is protected.
- Key elements of Menu Engineering & Design focusing on local produce & provenance to increase your sales and get the feel good factor.
- A practical experience of cooking a meal from start to finish within a large kitchen and understanding the pressures of the kitchen environment.
- Effective plate presentation and standards with tools and experience.
- HACCP Legislation for the Club Manager and how to run a compliant kitchen.
- Important steps and planning to ensure that you have a successful event at your Club.
- Getting the most from the Wine List, educating your team to upsell from House Wine!
- Achieve more sales and margin from selling a quality coffee and tea product to your members.
- How to get buy in from your team to deliver a higher standard at your Club and to change old habits.
- Marketing and communicating to your membership your enhanced food & beverage offering.
- Manage and analyze feedback fairly to constantly drive forward your product and get results.