The Code of Ethics is intended to guide club managers in their decision making process. It addresses many of the key principles and should serve as a reference throughout a manager’s career.
- We believe that the management of clubs is an honourable profession. It shall be incumbent upon club managers to be knowledgeable in the application of sound business principles in the management of clubs.
- By our behaviour and demeanour, we will set an example for our employees and will assist our Club Officers to manage efficient and successful club operations.
- We will consistently promote the recognition of club management as a profession and conduct our personal and professional affairs in a manner to reflect capability and integrity.
- We will strive to advance our knowledge and abilities as Club Managers, and willingly share with other association members the lessons of our experience and knowledge gained through participation in regional, European and international education meetings and seminars.
- We will assist our fellow club managers in the pursuit of their professional goals.
- We will promote the club’s role in the local community as a good neighbour.
- We will not seek to be subsidised or compromised by any interest doing business with other clubs.
- We will refrain from initiating, directly or through an agent, any communications with a Director, Member or Official of another club regarding its affairs without prior knowledge of the Manager thereof.
We deem it our duty to report to Regional or European Board Members any wilful violations of the Code of Ethics.