The 2022 Joe Perdue Bursary is open to applicants today!
This year the Joe Perdue Bursary will provide two awards to 2 worthy candidates.
The Bursary will cover the cost (up to £1,800) of attendance at the next CMAA World Conference to be held in San Diego USA or if restrictions prevent attendance in February 2022 this can be carried over to 2023.
This award will cover all travel and accommodation, plus subsistence expenses. It is open to members already on CMAE’s Management Development Programme (MDP), as attending World Conference is one of the key criteria necessary to take the globally recognized Certified Club Manager (CCM) exam.
If you believe you could be a worthy recipient of the Bursaries available this year, then please apply, using the application form below.
The closing date for applications for the 2021/22 academic year is 23rd January 2022.
All applications will be reviewed by the Board of the European Club Education Foundation (ECEF), and the winner will be announced by 31st January 2022.
CMAA’s World Conference is a renowned annual 4-day residential conference with over 150 educational sessions, covering all 10 competencies for a Club Manager, offered together with global networking opportunities. Its’ the best Club management conference in the world.
CMAE’s MDP Courses consist of MDP Parts 1 and 2, MDP Golf, MDP Food & Beverage and MDP Strategy and Leadership. It’s the leading club management educational programme.
Any person in Club management interested in applying for either of these bursaries, who want more information, should contact CMAE Association Manager on Debbie.email@example.com
* Joe Perdue, R.I.P.
Since 1986, Joe Perdue had served as Academic Advisor for CMAA. He was responsible for the initial development of CMAA’s Business Management Institute (BMI) Education Pathway in the US, and subsequently China, South Africa, Europe and Canada. Joe also developed the CCM, a qualification globally recognized as the benchmark of excellence in Club Management.
Here in Europe, Joe was a founder member of the CMAE Education Policy Board, where he enabled the development of our own CCM qualification, together with the CMAE MDP Pathway.
It is true to say: “No Joe Perdue, no MDP” and therefore CMAE decided to commemorate Joe’s wonderful commitment to education and his invaluable legacy in Europe, the Management Development Programme, by an annual Bursary programme, administered through ECEF.
The application process for the Joe Perdue Bursary is subject to the guidelines below.
1. Nominees must be a member of CMAE or one of CMAE’s regions or Affiliate Organisations
2. The completed application form must be sent to CMAE Association Manager, Debbie Goddard, for verification of the nominee(s) membership credentials. All nominees will be notified of receipt of their application by CMAE.
3. Once verified, the original application forms will be forwarded to Marc Newey, CEO of the European Club Education Foundation (ECEF) who will arrange for the Award Panel* to meet, consider all verified applications and decide upon the two most worthy recipients.
4. The closing date for 2021/22 term applications is 23rd January 2022.
5. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
6. The review panel will announce its decision by 31st January and its decision shall be final.
7. All applicants will be informed of the decision of the review panel.
8. The successful nominees will be required to attend either CMAA’s 2022 or 2023 World Conference. They will each be asked to write a 500-word report on their experience within 30 days of attending World Conference.
*David Roy CCM, will chair the award panel, with the other four ECEF directors