Location: Baltray, Ireland
Closing Date: 30th April 2021
County Louth Golf Club, Baltray, established in 1892, is a member owned club with over 1000 members. The links course consistently ranks among the Top 10 courses in Ireland and is a highly sought- after destination for visiting golfers.
With the pending retirement, after 41 years, of Paddy McGuirk, the Club invites applications for the position of Head Professional. This is an excellent opportunity for a customer focused and commercially minded PGA Qualified Professional who will be the first greeting point for members, guests and visitors.
The successful candidate must be a self-motivated high achiever with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
The role will suit a committed individual who can lead a team to build strong relationships with members and visitors, enhancing the services and reputation of County Louth Golf Club.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operate a successful retail business, providing a first-class service to members and guests
- Administer and oversee golf related services for members and visitors to provide an excellent customer experience
- Embrace current technology in the areas of club fitting, point of sale, stock management and social media
- Develop tuition programmes and deliver high-quality individual and group coaching to members, juniors, guests and other interested parties.
- Be an Ambassador for the Club, proactively contributing to its on-going development.
- Understand and fully comply with all legislative requirements associated with the delivery of the service
The role reports directly to the General Manager, who in turn reports to the Club’s Management Committee.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter and CV to Liam Murphy, General Manager, County Louth Golf Club, Baltray, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland, ideally by email email@example.com, by April 30th 2021.