Location: North Berwick, Scotland
Closing Date: 5th July 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to develop their career at one of the oldest and most acclaimed golf clubs in the world as their new Golf Operations Manager.
The North Berwick Golf Club, founded in 1832, stands proudly behind the 18th green of its internationally renowned, championship West Links course and offers members and visitors a truly memorable golf experience, together with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the Clubhouse.
In conjunction with the General Manager, you will be responsible for the supervision of personnel assigned to work in the golf services team – Starters, Course Rangers, Attendants, Bookings Office and Caddy Operation. You will also oversee the “Wee Course” and work very closely with the Head Professional to ensure a “best in class” visitor experience.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in the smooth running of a golf operation and its facilities delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills and the ability to communicate with members, visitors and third parties.
- Ability to review and develop standard operating procedures for each area of Golf Operations to ensure continued service excellence.
- The importance to be a highly visible, enthusiastic, polite and approachable people person, with the ability to develop rapport and build relationships with a varied range of members, their guests, visitors and staff members.
- Strong & diplomatic leadership qualities with proven management, exceptional organisational and administrative skills with a good knowledge of MIS systems - such as Club V1 or Intelligent Golf.
- Attention to detail with proven administrative, planning and rostering experience
- Sound working knowledge of basic agronomics and course presentation.
- The highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy along with common sense and a good sense of humour.
For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.northberwickgolfclub.com
A competitive salary + benefits package commensurate with the experience & skills of the applicant is on offer. There is no Club accommodation available with this role.
To apply candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration, and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please email your application to Ian Timberlake – email@example.com or 07764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 5th July 2019