Location: Henley-on-Thames, England
Closing Date: 10th November 2018
Henley Golf Club, located on the edge of Henley-on-Thames, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is a progressive private members’ club with a reputation for excellence on and off the course. The Club continues to invest in both maintaining and improving the quality of the mature parkland course and the Clubhouse to bring it to the high standards demanded by today's golfers.
Like many private members’ clubs, HGC continues to adapt and change to ensure it continues to meet the needs of its membership and attract new members; this role is pivotal in helping to define and manage those changes. We are now inviting applications for the position of General Manager.
For more information, please visit the Club web-site: www.henleygolfclub.com
The role will include responsibility for:
- Overseeing the management & operation of the Club and carry out policies laid down by the Board;
- Motivating and leading a team incorporating Administration & Finance, Marketing, Green-staff, Front of House & Catering staff at all levels;
- Preparation, development and ongoing analysis of budgets and management accounts;
- Ensuring the course, clubhouse and other facilities are presented to the highest standards for members and visitors at all times;
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation;
- Managing and implementing the club's marketing and social media strategy ensuring strong member retention, attraction of new members and generation of visitor income;
- Acting as ‘the face of the Club’ by representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties;
- Responsible for compiling all documents to be issued to all Directors for monthly meetings whilst being responsible for taking notes and writing up the minutes of each management meeting and issuing onto the Club website after approval.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- First class communication, leadership, motivation and diplomacy skills;
- Business acumen and financial literacy;
- Sound working knowledge of basic agronomics, course presentation and management;
- IT skills with a detailed understanding of Club management systems and software;
- Well organised, efficient management style and strong relationship building skills resulting in a motivated and high performing team;
- Hospitality skills and front of house charisma
- Flexible approach to working hours, including weekends & bank holidays, with the ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage projects efficiently on time and on budget;
- Previous experience of golf club management;
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) or Leisure Management qualification is desirable.
- Salary package, in line with GCMA guidelines, commensurate with experience at an 18 hole course in the Home Counties is on offer to attract suitable candidates.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Monday 10th November 2018