Location: Surrey, England
Closing Date: TBC
Farleigh, CR6 9PE
Permanent Full Time
40 hours per week, 5 days in 7
Competitive + Bonus scheme
An exciting opportunity for a passionate and energetic General Manager has arisen at Farleigh Golf Club in Warlingham, Surrey; sister venue to Foxhills and part of the Foxhills Collection.
Reporting to the Managing Director and with group support, you will lead and manage six HoD’s and a team of around fifty to ensure we fulfil our mission that ‘when you leave you feel better than when you arrived.’ This applies to everything we do and to everyone; members, guests and colleagues.
Key objectives are to:
- Increase revenue, expand membership and golf sales
- Create and nurture positive relationships with the local business community and beyond developing Farleigh as a choice corporate venue
- Provide an appealing golf offering for members, guests and tournament organisers such as the PGA and Surrey Golf
- Ensure a quality food offering and excellent reputation
- Oversee new outdoor projects that will enhance our future offering
- Build and develop a team motivated to deliver customer service excellence
Set in a 350-acre estate on the North Surrey Downs, Farleigh features a 27-hole championship golf course, golf simulator and games room, four private function rooms and a relaxed bar, lounge and restaurant. The £2m turnover business is a PGA venue, has joined the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame and has a 100% rating on GolfShake.
The role is 40 hours per week, on a 5 days out of 7 basis, including weekends however a degree of flexibility will be required. Prior job holders have moved on to roles at prestigious venues so we are keen to meet their worthy successor.
Our Ideal Applicant:
- An ambitious future leader
- Strong sales and food & beverage background
- PGA professional or plays golf to a good standard
- Financially astute with experience of achieving KPI’s
- Personable, approachable with a natural authority
- Able to work at both strategic and operational levels on a daily basis
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- IT literate
- CMAE part qualified desirable
- 33 days’ holiday (includes public & bank holidays)
- Complimentary club membership at Farleigh and Foxhills for you and your family (qualifying
- period applies)
- Private healthcare
- Training and development support
- F&B discounts at both resorts
- Subsidised staff meals
- Contributory pension scheme
We endeavour to respond to all applicants but should this not be possible please assume your application is unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.
Administration, HR & Management
Apply for this role at www.thefoxhillscollection.co.uk