Location: Surrey, England
Closing Date: 7th January 2019
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a new General Manager at Camberley Heath, which boasts an outstanding championship course, superb Club House and function facilities supported by a strongly committed and professional staff.
The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing and providing day to day direction in all aspects of management of the club facilities, ensuring high standards of service to members and visitors. The General Manager will manage and develop all aspects of the club’s business and in conjunction with the Board of Directors, have a clear vision for the club’s strategic direction. He/she will be responsible for all staff.
The role covers accounting and budgeting, hospitality, food and beverage, sales and marketing, golf operations, course maintenance, customer service, and human resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- General management experience essential including commercial and financial knowledge. Qualification in golf management useful – GCMA Diploma or CMAE.
- Strong leadership, communication and people skills with the ability to motivate a small team of staff and manage challenging members and visitors
- Successful track record in sales and marketing including evidence of increased sales growth in a membership organisation
- Proven ability to achieve objectives set in a changing cost sensitive market
- IT literate with a knowledge of specific accounting and golf club management software
- Ability to work unsupervised but with the judgement of knowing when to seek advice
- Ability to manage own time
- Strong written and verbal English with ability to write reports
- An understanding of the game of golf
- Prior experience in the leisure and hospitality sector would be an advantage
For more information, please visit our web-site: www.camberleyheathgolfclub.co.uk
A competitive salary & benefits package, commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer. There is NO accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – e: firstname.lastname@example.org or m: 07764 682018, no later than Monday 7th January 2019