Location: Liverpool, England
Closing Date: 30th April 2021
Green Circle is a trusted and experienced operator with a passion for golf and a demonstrable track record expanding participation and promoting affordable and accessible golf for all.
The Director of Golf will operate at both operational and strategic level, managing and continuously developing all aspects of the individual golf business of each club, group interests and Green Circle Golf Membership. Green Circle Leisure includes Allerton Manor Golf Club, Sherdley Park Golf Club and Kirkby Valley Golf Club.
This includes the direction of proactive and reactive golf activity, golf marketing, and golf operation of the group. Also providing a clear vision for its strategic direction, whilst taking personal responsibility for identifying additional sales and marketing opportunities. Ensure customer service excellence is consistently delivered, and revenues and profitability are maximised.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ experience as Golf Manager; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PGA Class AA Member or higher is desirable.
- Maintain a high level of appropriate personal and professional development reflective of current and/or future role responsibilities e.g. courses, qualifications, reading etc.
- Ability to ensure that all teams in the golf business consistently deliver excellent customer service, thereby achieving maximum customer satisfaction.
- Effective communication with external organisations, individuals, and agencies.
- Experience of yield management, budgeting, revenue forecasting, capital expenditure, stock management, marketing plans.
- IT literate with experience of relevant software applications (PC and/or Mac) and computerised POS; management systems.
- People focused: Leader, able to influence, motivator, team builder, coaching and mentoring style, ‘no problem’ mentality, positive, strong interpersonal skills.
- Business acumen: Results orientated, decisive, plans, and prioritises, willing and able to deliver change, experienced and credible in the industry, able to work at both strategic and tactical level, in touch with current trends/issues.
- Personal traits: Maturity of character, customer focused, good time manager, self-motivated, creative: thinks outside the box, flexible, effective and natural communicator, strong presentation skills, logical thinker, pays attention to detail, uses initiative, confident and prepared to challenge, energetic.
Remuneration: A salary and benefits package commensurate with the importance and seniority of this role will be offered.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – email@example.com or 07764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 30th April 2021