Location: Gullane, Scotland
Closing Date: 10th December 2018
Gullane Golf Club is one of Scotland's most historic and prestigious private members' club with three classic links courses – No.1, No.2 & No.3 - and two clubhouses – Members and Visitors. The Club has been a regular venue for major golfing events and, most recently, it hosted the Scottish Open Championship in 2015 and 2018, and the Ladies Scottish Open in 2018.
The Club offers a unique range of golfing experiences for members and visitors alike, combining a major role in the history of golf in Scotland, great golfing conditions, and a truly spectacular environment.
The Club now invites applications for the position of Club Secretary.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Overseeing the management & operation of the Club.
- Motivating and leading direct reports to achieve the Club objectives.
- Preparation and development of budgets and financial reports.
- Ensuring the implementation of the Club’s ‘Five year Plan’.
- Overall responsibility for the timely and on-budget execution of major projects.
- Ensuring the courses, clubhouses and other facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Executive responsibility for Club administration.
- Providing support for the Club’s marketing strategy.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to Health & Safety, Employment and Equality legislation.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Well organized and efficient management of administrative and golfing activities.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of experience for both members and visitors.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of day-to-day golf club administration.
- A CMAE/GCMA qualification would be an advantage
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience is on offer to attract the best candidate. In addition, the role comes with a tied 3/4 bedroom house in Gullane.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – email@example.com or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Monday 10th December 2018