Location: Denham, England
Closing Date: 11th January 2019
Denham Golf Club was founded in 1910 when the course was constructed and existing farm buildings dating back to the 16th Century were converted into a clubhouse.
At the Club’s request, a railway station called Denham Golf Club was opened in 1912. It continues to serve the Club today and is only a 20 minute journey from London Marylebone.
The parkland course, designed by Harry Colt, opened for play on the 29th of May 1911. It challenges golfers of all abilities and benefits from players being able to start from both the 1st and 10th tees due to their close proximity to the Clubhouse.
In addition to the excellent course and practice facilities the Club boasts a wonderful clubhouse with its renowned dining room, characterful Bar, comfortable Sheridan Room, and Terrace overlooking the putting green.
The opportunity has arisen for the Club to invite applications for the position of Club Secretary.
- Full responsibility for the day to day management of the Club for the benefit of the Members, their guests and visitors, reporting to the Chairman and the Board;
- Advising on, initiating and implementing Club policies together with overall responsibility for the Club’s finances and compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations and best practice;
- Liaising with the Course Manager, Clubhouse Manager and Club Professional in relation to their areas of responsibility but with overall accountability for the course, the bar and all catering;
- Pro-active communication, both internally and externally, to drive member recruitment and other visitor revenue through a dynamic sales & marketing strategy.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties including other clubs, visiting societies, golf authorities and associations;
- Ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and the smooth running of the Club and all its facilities throughout the golfing year.
- Likely to have a background in senior management, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an outstanding ability to communicate and relate to people of all backgrounds; with a real appreciation of golf and its traditions within the ethos of a private members club;
- He or she will have proven management, organisational and administrative skills, likely to have been honed in a complex and high-profile organisation and be financially literate with good IT skills;
- The highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy will be expected as will presence, common sense, industry and good sense of humour;
- Candidates should be keen and reasonably proficient golfers, be prepared to work irregular hours, weekends and Bank Holidays;
- Whilst a knowledge of golf club management may be an advantage, the Club welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons, whatever their career to date.
For more information, please visit the Club web-site: www.denhamgolfclub.co.uk
A competitive package including accommodation commensurate with experience and club location is on offer.
To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, together with an up to date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate, to
Denham Golf Club
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th January 2018.