Location: Nairn, Scotland
Closing Date: 16th November 2018
Nairn Golf Club, founded in 1887 and host of the 1999 Walker Cup and 2012 Curtis Cup, enjoys a global reputation as one of the top golfing experiences for any golfer as it combines a truly memorable golf course with a welcoming and contemporary atmosphere in the Clubhouse.
This long-established and prestigious private members’ club is seeking a highly motivated Chief Executive Officer with proven management experience and commercial acumen to ensure the smooth running of the golf club for the benefit of members and visitors.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Overseeing the management & operation of the Club and carry out policies laid down by the Committee.
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s finance team, preparation and development of budgets and financial plans.
- Motivating and leading a team of staff at all levels to achieve Club objectives.
- Ensuring the course, clubhouse and other facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
- Developing and delivering the Clubs Sales and Marketing activity
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong track record of providing 5* service excellence to members and visitors.
- Proven management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- IT skills with a detailed understanding of golf specific membership, handicaps and diary management, together with Sage accounting systems and software.
- First class communication, leadership, motivation and diplomacy skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
Remuneration: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile. Relocation assistance could be provided, if required.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate, if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 16th November 2018