The curriculum and learning outcomes have been provided by the Club Management Association of Europe and this training course is endorsed by the Club Management Association of America as part of the educational pathway to the Certified Club Manager (CCM) qualification.
This course is aimed at Managers with particular responsibility for successful golf operations. By attending this course, delegates will learn to maximize their working relationship with the key personnel employed in this area of the business, including the Course Manager, Professional and Club Manager. The course will cover in detail areas such as agronomy, golf shop operations, merchandising, fleet management, tournament operations and business planning to fit with the club’s overall aims and traditions. Delegates will have a thorough understanding of the history, evolution and future trends of the golf industry, to better serve their clubs and committees.
By attending this course, delegates will enhance their understanding of these cornerstones of a successful golf product at their clubs, including –
- Working Effectively with Your Course Manager
- An Understanding of Turf Maintenance Challenges
- Understanding Expensive Tools in The Greenkeeping Trade
- Working Effectively with Your Golf Professional
- Understanding of Retail and Fleet Management Issues
- The Business of Golf Tuition at Your Club
- The History and Continued Evolution of the Game
- The Rules of Golf the Club Manager Needs to Know
- The Fundamentals and The Myths of Golf Technology
- Benefits of Environmental & Sustainability Compliance
- The Missed Opportunities of Customer Service in Golf
- Principles of Yield Management in Maximising Tee Useage
- Putting It All Together