Worplesdon Golf Club is ranked among the Top 100 Golf Courses in the UK & Ireland. A classic Surrey heathland course designed in 1908 by J.F. Abercromby. Nestled in the picturesque surroundings of Surrey, our club is celebrated for its commitment to delivering an outstanding golfing experience in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Summary of the main purpose of the job:
To assist the Golf Operations Manager and ensure the smooth and efficient running of all members’ matches, competitions, and handicaps. To help maintain and provide a first-class shop and swing studio experience for all golfers. To ensure the service and experience provided to members and visitors is first class and continuously improving. Responsible to the Golf Operations Manager & works in conjunction with the Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Course Manager, House Manager & Teaching Professionals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the Club’s society and visitor bookings and visitor experience.
- Help with the organisation of members’ events, golf matches, handicaps and competitions.
- Work with the Golf Operations Manager to implement the Club’s Retail and Shop strategy to hit service and financial targets.
- Help to implement the Club’s Digital, Media and Data strategies.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office programmes, data analysis, Golf Club Management Systems (preferably IG), and website administration.
- A good understanding of all social media channels.
- A passion for golf, and a good understanding of the golf industry.
- Hands-on training and mentorship from highly experienced CMAE/GCMA industry professionals.
- Exposure to a dynamic and supportive work environment.
- Work across the golf environment, gaining the education and skills necessary for career progression.
Remuneration Package: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer. Accommodation could be provided for this role.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Application Deadline: Monday 19th February 2024
Contact: Ian Timberlake @ Timberlake Golf – [email protected] or +44 (0) 7764 682018