This Adelaide based role is an opportunity to lead one of Australia’s largest and most awarded premier golf clubs through the next phase of its growth and development.
- Host of the record-breaking inaugural LIV event in 2023.
- Two highly rated 18-hole courses, an award-winning hospitality venue.
- Founded in 1926, it is one of the largest premier sporting venues in Australia.
About the Opportunity:
This opportunity comes about with the retirement of the incumbent, after a stellar career in golf management and 35 years’ service to members and guests. This is the most senior executive role in the organisation, critical to the direction and operational execution of the Strategic Plan and achievement of the Club’s Vision. This vacancy creates an exciting opportunity to find the person who can take the club to the next stage in its ongoing development as one of the most prestigious golfing entities in Australia.
About the Club:
Founded in 1926, The Grange Golf Club is one of Australia’s premier golf clubs with two internationally rated 18-hole championship golf courses, both ranked in the top 50 golf courses in Australia and an award-winning hospitality venue with comprehensive facilities. The club has hosted several major tournaments including the ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open (2016, 2019) and the record-breaking LIV event in April 2023. The Grange Golf Club is a leader in promoting gender balance and strongly advocates for more women and girls playing and working in golf, reflected at the highest level with a 40% representation on the main Board.
The club enjoys a thriving membership with over 2,200 members and a wait list of approximately 4 years. The staff complement of 65 includes 30 course and 35 clubhouse staff in addition to a golf shop team of 7.
As the General Manager of The Grange Golf Club, you will have:
- A proven track record in golf club management, hospitality leadership, or related fields. While specific experience working within high end golfing operations in Australia and overseas would be ideal, candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those from private clubs, resort operations, or hospitality environments, of scale are welcomed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in successful stakeholder engagement and relationship management across all stakeholder groups.
- This will combine with the presence and professionalism to effectively represent the values and heritage of The Grange Golf Club, while keeping the club at the forefront of the golfing industry.
- A track record of developing and leading high performing teams and instilling the disciplines, technology, management structures and governance to take the club forward and consistently deliver an outstanding membership/guest experience.
- Strong commercial and financial management skills will ideally combine with a successful track record of project and change management.
An opportunity to build on excellent foundations and guide the organisation in its continuing success.
If you have the experience, skills and drive to further enhance one of Australia’s largest and highest profile golf clubs, we invite you to apply using the link below or please reach out to our advisors assisting us with the brief EnvoyGolf, by following the link below, or contact Mark Matehaere or David Burton at EnvoyGolf.