Newlands Golf Club requires a General Manager to oversee its day-to-day management and development.
Newlands was founded in 1910 and is based at Newlands Cross, Clondalkin, Dublin 22. Newlands is a vibrant members’ club with an active membership across the ladies, men’s, and junior sections.
The course was most recently upgraded under the guidance of Jeff Howes Golf Design, but it still retains many of the trademark features of its original design. Today, it combines mature tree lined fairways with USPGA standard sand-based greens and bunkers built with the latest technology. It is now considered to be one of the finest parkland courses in the country and has hosted a number of high profile ILGU/GUI/Golf Ireland competitions over the years.
The General Manager will lead the staff of Newlands in providing a top-quality service to members and visitors. Reporting to the Club Honorary Secretary, the successful applicant will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day management, development, and promotion of the Club and its facilities.
This is a challenging full-time position and will require experience of strategic, financial and operational management. Previous experience of working in a similar role within the golf industry would be an advantage.
Remuneration will reflect the importance of the role; the high level of professional service demanded by the Club, its members and visitors; as well as the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Preferably educated to degree level or holding a recognised golf industry qualification, candidates for this position should have a proven track record of management success, preferably gained in a golfing environment. Candidates should be able to demonstrate ability to deliver revenue growth, manage and motivate employees, and oversee effective budgetary management. They should have a clear vision and desire to deliver a first-class service to members and visitors on a daily basis. Excellent marketing, communications and interpersonal skills will also be required to promote the club both internally and externally. Strong IT skills and a problem-solving approach will be expected.
The responsibilities of the General Manager will include:
- General administration of all matters relating to the club.
- Responsibility for management of all full-time and part-time staff.
- Implementation of the financial budget prepared by the club treasurer.
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are adhered to across the club.
- Ensuring all club facilities are presented to a high standard.
- Devising additional sources of revenue to ensure the long-term viability of the Club.
- Handling members’ queries and requests as they arise.
- Ensuring a front of house service is provided to visitors and societies.
- Managing the relationship between the Club and holder of the restaurant franchise.
- Report to the Management Committee monthly.
- Ensuring the policies of the Management Committee are implemented.
- Manage implementation of the Newlands Strategic Plan.
- Act as the liaison between Staff, Management Committee, and its sub-committees.
- Providing support to the Management Committee and sub-committees as required.
Applications for the post, to include a current CV and a letter of interest, should be emailed to; The President, Newlands Golf Club ([email protected]) by Wednesday 4th October 2023.