Situated on the banks of the Tay estuary, between Carnoustie and St Andrews, in the village of Monifieth are two natural links courses with a rich history. The Monifieth Medal and Ashludie courses have connections to both Alan Robertson and James Braid and offer a fantastic experience for 1300 season ticket holders and a growing number of visitors from around the globe.
MGL has been the host of The Open Qualifying, multiple national championships with the most recent being the RA Junior Open 2022 and the RA British Boys Amateur.
MGL are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who will lead an experienced and dedicated staff team to develop and enhance all of our facilities and grow our business to the next level. You will have the financial acumen and commercial experience to help drive improvements and increase revenues to allow us do what it takes to delight our customers and enhance our reputation worldwide.
The General Manager will report to the Chairman but work closely with the Board, staff and various sub-committees to deliver our strategic aims and objectives.
It is an exciting position that will require a dynamic candidate to continue to build on the success to date of MGL.
Role Title – General Manager MGL
Reports to – Monifieth Golf Links Board
Direct Reports – Managing Secretary & Course Manager
Work Status – Full Time – Hybrid Working
Hours –Full Time Hours, Flexibility Available (Weekend Work Expected During Events)
Salary – TBD
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES, PEOPLE LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Commercial experience in a service led industry and the ability to manage the development of new opportunities for the business
- Strategic thinker who can further develop our business strategy with the support of the board
- Financial acumen with the ability to set and prioritise budgets and deliver projects within budget constraints and agreed timescales
- Understanding of all aspects of governance and industry best practices in order to deliver MGLs operational, health and safety, financial and strategic goals
- Ability to motivate and manage a diverse team through strong, consistent objective driven performance management and ongoing training and development
- Highly effective communicator who excels at developing positive relationships with all key stakeholders and promoting organisations via all channels
- Preferred experience of working at senior level in the golf industry
All interested parties should make an initial application by email addressed to The Chairman, with an attached covering letter highlighting their experience, suitability, and motivation for this position, together with a current CV and salary expectations to: [email protected]