The Leatherhead Club was founded in 1903 with the club built on a rich and illustrious heritage. The club, located in Surrey boasts an 18-hole parkland course, driving range and extensive clubhouse. In the short and medium term, the Club has leased out space to a local gym provider and leased space to Heath & Performance company that will complement the offering. The club is situated amongst affluent communities and sits in a unique position in the market.
Due to lack of investment over recent years, The Leatherhead Club has previously struggled to leverage its position as the facilities have needed upgrading. Following an acquisition by new owners, an exciting vision has been created and is backed by an extensive capital improvement budget. This vision looks to create a golf destination that sits alone in the market, attracting family orientated memberships with a premier offering.
It is foreseen that the club will follow a phased approach over the next couple of years, building out the offering and investing in the facility in parallel with the revenue/membership strategy.
Overview of the role
The Leatherhead Club is seeking to appoint a General Manager which will be a newly created position. Reporting to the Owners, the General Manager will be an integral part of the team helping to shape the future business strategy for the Club. The General Manager will also be responsible for the overall performance and growth of the Club, making recommendations through the exploration of business cases. The individual will deliver a proactive business driven leadership approach to all operational and non-operational areas of the Club to reposition The Leatherhead Club as a premier facility.
- You will need to be an experienced and highly intelligent and articulate professional with outstanding leadership management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- You will demonstrate pro-active leadership experience and approach in the Golf/Hospitality industry.
- Highly organised with significant experience to deliver capital expenditure projects.
- A brand ambassador with the capability and confidence to project a strong image externally.
- Thrives in juggling the demands of a fast-pace and multi-faceted business.
- High standards of personal presentation, etiquette and quality.
Compensation & Benefits
The position offers a competitive salary & bonus (based on personal and business performance).
Closing date: Friday 3rd February 2023
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey