An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, self-motivated and forward-thinking individual to develop their career as the new General Manager at Canons Brook Golf Club.
The Club are looking for an engaging personality with a hands-on and strategic approach to leadership and an entrepreneurial flair. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate skills to drive new member initiatives and develop other income streams as well as leading, coaching, developing and supporting a small management team and front line staff to deliver a high level of service to members and their guests. You will play a key part in creating, developing and implementing the short, medium and long term strategic plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- General management experience essential including commercial and financial knowledge. Qualification in golf management useful – GCMA Diploma or CMAE.
- Proven leadership, communication and people skills with the ability to motivate a small team of staff and manage challenging members and visitors
- Evidence of a successful track record in maximising the Club’s assets by achieving agreed sales targets in relation to membership, green fees, corporate/society days and outside functions.
- Proven ability to achieve objectives set in a changing cost sensitive market
- IT literate with a knowledge of specific accounting and golf club management software (Club V1)
- Ability to work unsupervised but with the judgement of knowing when to seek advice
- Ability to manage own time
- Strong written and verbal English with ability to write reports
- An understanding of the game of golf and Club management
- Prior experience in the leisure and hospitality sector would be an advantage.
For more information, please visit our web-site: www.canonsbrook,.com
- A competitive salary & benefits package, commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer. In addition, you will have the opportunity to earn commission’s / bonus’s on increasing the membership, driving visitor green fees and developing additional function business. There is NO accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – e: [email protected] or m: 07764 682018, no later than Friday 31st March 2023