|Role title:||Club House Manager|
Bruntsfield Links Golfing Society is Edinburgh’s leading Golf Club. It is the 4th oldest golf club in the world. Situated in the city of Edinburgh and less than one hour from St Andrews the Society has a strong reputation for high quality golf and dining experiences.
The Society has 1,100 members who enjoy high standards of hospitality in its dining room, 2 lounges, private function room and terrace.
- Role overview
|Manage the Food and beverage operation for Bruntsfield Links Golfing Society (The Society) and lead the team of full and part time team members. Focusing on excellent service delivery, innovation and member and guest satisfaction. We are looking for an experienced Club House / Food and Beverage Manager who can bring with them high standards, attention to detail, drive and ideas to take the hospitality offering at Bruntsfield Links Golfing Society to a higher level.|
- Direct reports
Head chef, 2 x Front of house supervisors.
Overall clubhouse team of 16
- Take a leading role in setting operational standards and ensuring fellow colleagues adhere to them.
- Delegate responsibility to direct reports to ensure balance of work load and job enrichment for direct reports.
- Proactively communicate with the team on a daily basis on ‘what’s on’, event and function details and other key Society happenings.
- Set the weekly rotas ensuring the operation has adequate cover at all times.
- Recruit all seasonal F&B staff with the support of the CEO.
- Ensure all staff comply with The Society’s rules and regulations of the workplace as well as complying to statutory H&S legislation.
- Manage the departments HR matters including performance management issue with support of the CEO.
Financial, systems and controls
- Prepare departmental annual budgets.
- Monitor and analyse the monthly department P&L.
- Ensure compliance to daily cashing up and other financial controls.
- Ensure the EPOS is always up to date, right information, pricing and costings.
- Continuously monitor F&B costs and make necessary menu amendments.
- Manage the invoicing process for events and functions.
- Report back to the CEO on a weekly basis the departments KPIs with any required. corrective measures – pay roll to revenue, gross margins, number of covers etc.
- Carry our monthly audit of the F&B department.
- In conjunction with the Golf Operations Director develop an annual event calendar that is innovative and inspiring to members.
- Develop event plans and budget to ensure all events are run maintaining the right margins.
- Promote events in a timely manner to ensure maximum utilisation.
- Deliver events to the highest standards ensuring maximum customer satisfaction.
- Leading the team to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Developing procedures to continually enhance the teams service delivery.
- Follow through on any customer concern or suggestion.
- Manage the cleaning team to ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the club house.
- Efficiently manage the departments administration which includes –
- Updating menus
- Producing event and function sheets
- Submitting time sheets for payroll
- Submitting reports to Finance as required for compilation of monthly P&L
Training and development
- Carry out comprehensive seasonal staff inductions.
- Carry out ongoing training relating to F&B service delivery and product knowledge.
- Actively participate in The Society’s Food and beverage supervisor programme
- Follow all BLGS personnel guidelines within the BLGS employee handbook.
- Be available for weekly management meetings and any other ad hoc meetings
- Up to 5 years’ experience in similar hospitality position.
- Team leadership experience.
- F&B / Hospitality related qualification.
- Passion for delivering quality food and beverage experiences
A competitive salary is on offer for this position along with the option of onsite family accommodation.
Closing date Friday 3rd February 2023
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Michael Braidwood [email protected]