Effingham is a traditional private members’ golf club with one of the finest downland courses in England, designed originally by the renowned Harry Colt. Set on 264 acres of rolling chalk downs and at up to 500 feet above sea level, the two 9 hole loops have magnificent, panoramic views across the London skyline.
In recent years the Club has invested significantly to return all the bunkers on its historic layout back to their original design and is currently creating a state of the art short game practice facility. The Club is proud to be ranked within the Top 100 England Courses by Golf World.
For more information, please visit our website: www.effinghamgolfclub.com
We are seeking applications for the position of Course Manager from individuals committed to producing the highest standards of course maintenance and presentation.
- Deliver the vision of the Course Policy Document.
- Lead and develop a team of 9 in delivering the golf course and surrounds to a consistently high standard.
- Deliver a comprehensive annual maintenance plan.
- Propose an annual budget and manage/forecast expenditure.
- Achieve effective working relationships, with colleagues and Board members.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and H&S policy documents.
Experience and Skills:
- Possess a wealth of technical greenkeeping and agronomy skills together with impeccable standards of course preparation.
- Strong leadership and people management skills that result in a motivated and high performing team
- You should have a high standard of professionalism with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a methodical approach, an eye for detail and be committed to delivering to the highest standard.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of woodland management programmes.
- Extensive understanding of automated irrigation systems
- Experience of developing and managing a Strategic Course Development Plan including the costing and management of capital expenditure programmes.
- Understanding of ‘grow-in’ procedures – the Club are currently constructing a new short-game area.
- A high level of knowledge and application of health and safety, employment, and other legislation relevant to golf clubs.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- You will hold a minimum qualification of level 3 NVQ or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates
Remuneration: An attractive salary package commensurate with experience and in line with BIGGA guidelines is on offer. Club accommodation is available.
Application Process: To apply candidates should email a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and notice period and ability to relocate if necessary.
Contact: Ian Timberlake at Legacy Golf Advisors – E:[email protected]; Mob: 07764 682018 or Chris Lomas at Legacy Golf Advisors – E:[email protected]; Mob: 07956 275305