This is a key role within the Royal Mid-Surrey Golf Club team and provides an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start their career within the golf industry or for an experienced administrator.
Main Purpose of Job
- Administration and organisation of:
- Member Competitions
- Major golf events
- Attend the Captains’ Committee, Junior Committee and Handicap
Committee meetings and produce minutes
- Assist the Assistant General Manager in preparation of general Club documents.
- Efficiently respond to telephone, face to face and email enquiries from members.
- Provide weekend cover on at least 2 weekend days per month and occasionally 3 days per month (Exception: Spring & Autumn Mtgs – 3 full wkds out of 4 in May and September)
- Cover reception duties when the Receptionist is on holiday or off.
Position in organisation:
The post holder will report directly to the Assistant General Manager, but will work closely with the General Manager, Receptionist, Membership & Marketing Manager, Operations Manager and Pro Shop team.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently and effectively deal with queries from members by telephone, email and in the office.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is maintained and any questions or concerns are dealt with.
- Support other office administration as and when required.
Competitions & Events
- Prepare sign-up sheets, posters, scorecards, entry fees and results for all competitions.
- Set up all Member competitions on Intelligent Golf.
- Organise and allocate the prize vouchers for competitions.
- Assist with the organisation and administration of major club events including the Men’s and Ladies’ Annual Dinners, the Junior, Ladies and Club Prize giving, Men’s and Ladies’ Invitation Days, the Antlers, Junior and Club Annual Meetings and Open Competitions.
- To keep up to date records of all competition winners, the trophy database and organise the engraving for all of the trophies and honors boards ready for prize giving.
- Enter RMS into appropriate National and County events.
- Manage handicap records and queries, supplementary and away scores, CDH and allocation of new handicaps.
- Applicants should ideally have at least 2 years experience working in an administration role preferably in an event’s related discipline or have completed a sports/golf management qualification.
General Duties and responsibilities:
- To comply with all legislative requirements and company policies including but not limited to Health & Safety, Equality and confidentiality.
- Support all office administration
This list of specific and general duties and responsibilities is non-exhaustive and subject to review and change.
Experience and Knowledge required:
- Ideally a good knowledge of golf, the World Handicap System and Intelligent Golf
- High degree of computer literacy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good Time Management: Ability to prioritise
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
The post holder must demonstrate the following:
- Hard working
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- The post is based at Royal Mid-Surrey Golf Club
- A salary reflecting the post holders experience and position within the organisation will be offered.
Royal Mid-Surrey Golf Club is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the principles of equality.
Please email CV’s to [email protected]