A rare and unique opportunity has arisen at Prestwick GC, the birthplace of the Open Championship with a history like no other and the most original of Links golf courses, to recruit a pro-active, passionate, and ambitious Club Secretary to efficiently manage and effectively administer the day-to-day operation of the golf club to deliver a quality member service culture and a first class visitor experience.
- To have executive responsibility for all aspects of administration of the Club, its course and its premises within the framework of the Club’s Strategy, policies and approved budgets.
- To action all Club Committee directives in a timely, professional and effective manner.
- To achieve high standards of performance from all key staff (course, clubhouse & administration) by adopting effective management and leadership techniques.
- To bring industry best practice to all areas of the Club’s activities, playing a pivotal role in delivering the Club’s key operational, financial and strategic roles.
- To be the first point of contact for Members and visitors and to promote the Club internally and externally in a professional and friendly manner, such that sales and marketing initiatives are achieved and the standing and reputation of the Club is maintained at the highest level.
- To oversee all aspects of the Club’s accounting and financial controls, contributing to the achievement of the Club’s financial goals by increasing year on year income and profitability.
The chosen candidate must have the vision and determination to enhance the reputation and status of Prestwick GC. You will be confident, and knowledgeable about the game of Golf, and apply tact and diplomacy to build successful relationships with Members, visitors and key stakeholders. You will have the drive and ability to achieve the clubs’ financial objectives in addition to exceeding service level expectations.
Key skills and experience:
- Well organized, hands-on and efficient management of administrative golfing activities.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- High level of IT and communication skills, including all social media
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of experience for both members and visitors.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of day-to-day golf club administration and/or a CMAE/GCMA qualification would be an advantage.
Remuneration: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile. Relocation assistance could be provided, if required.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – [email protected] or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 5th January 2024