Location – Turnhouse Golf Club, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Closing Date – 7th April 2023
Salary – Negotiable and will be dependent on experience.
Hours – The role is full time and will require a willingness to work flexible hours including some weekend work on a regular basis.
Holidays – 30 days.
Duties – Assist the General Manager in the running of all areas of the Club as outlined by, but not limited to the areas below;
• Deputise for the General Manager in their absence.
• To be the main point of contact for all Golf Operations at Turnhouse Golf Club, to include but not limited to;
o Membership Administration – Processing applications and dealing with enquiries. ClubV1 is our current supplier.
o Competition Management – Administering all competitions at the Club and liaising with PGA Professional contractor, to include Open competitions.
o Golf Bookings – Manage the BRS booking system with regards to member, visitor and society bookings.
o Liaise with the PGA Professional contractor on internal & external Golf activities.
o Liaise with the Course Manager on maintenance and development plans with regards to the Golf Course.
• To have responsibility, along with the Bar Management, for the running of the Clubhouse operations, to include but not limited to;
o Maintenance – Oversee the general upkeep of the clubhouse and liaise with the Club’s external contractor and sub-committee on clubhouse developments.
o Compliance – Handle all Club compliance in all aspects of Health & Safety.
o Bar operation – To provide support with staff rotas, staff training, stock control, till system management and be able to work on the bar if required.
o Functions – Liaise with the Catering Contractor, Bar staff and Social Sub-Committee with regards to all functions at the club.
o Food operation – Liaise with the Catering Contractor with regards to the catering requirements of the club.
• To work with the General Manager and play a pivotal role in contributing to the Club’s operational, financial and strategic goals using industry best practice in the following areas;
o Marketing – Contribute to the marketing strategy of the Club.
o Communications – Manage and update the Club’s website, social media, and newsletter portals to communicate effectively with members and external customers.
o Administration – Undertake general administration duties.
o Finance – Manage invoices, both in and out, through QuickBooks. Manage club budgets, cash flow, machinery replacement plan and liaise with our accountants with regards to payroll.
o Manage change in line with the industry and the club’s expectations.
The successful candidate will;
• Have started the MDP pathway and ideally have achieved the CMDip qualification. Alternatively, show the equivalent level of education and expertise.
• Be a strong leader, be motivational and inspirational towards employees, and be able to deliver as part of a team.
• Have high levels of IT skills including experience in the use of our current system providers.
• Show entrepreneurial skills and have the vision to look beyond the current position of the club, but at the same time understand the process of change.
• Have excellent communication skills and show the willingness to integrate with, and be seen by, the membership.
• Have proven skills in Financial Management.
• Show high levels of experience in Food and Beverage management.
• Set high standards and strive to deliver a world class customer experience.
• Be organised and show experience in administration duties.
• Have transport as off-site work will be required.
Application process –
• Applicants are invited to send a covering letter and up to date CV outlining their motivation and relevant experience for the role to the General Manager, David Gemmell CCM PGA- [email protected]
• For more information, please call David- 07771 893015