An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a highly visible, commercially driven and ambitious individual to join this historic and progressive golf club in the new position of Club Operations Manager.
Came Down Golf Club, founded in 1896, is a traditional downland layout, designed by the historic Taylor & Colt is set in the heart of the Dorset countryside and provides a wonderful golfing experience throughout the year and affords visitors and members magnificent panoramic views. The Clubhouse has been recently refurbished creating a special atmosphere and the membership is well known to be one of the friendliest and inclusive in West Dorset. For more information, please visit our website: www.camedowngolfclub.co.uk
Operating at an executive level and in accordance with the policies determined by the Business Management Board, the new Club Operations Manager will manage all aspects of club business in a proactive way, and constantly seeking out continuous improvement across all aspects, whilst inspiring a team to meet the expectations of members, visitors and guests.
The Club is currently embarking on an exciting transformation program and are seeking an entrepreneurial and commercial individual who will work in partnership with the Business Management Board to deliver the ambitions of the members, and unlock the full potential of this iconic Club. These skills need to be blended with a proven track record of delivering change, embedding a service driven culture and a one-team mind set. The successfully candidate will work in partnership with an inclusive and progressive Business Management Board that will be supportive and welcoming.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills, with a focus on a simple and inclusive style of communication.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of growing revenue streams whilst controlling costs.
- Preferably experience of golf, but certainly empathy for the game of golf and expectations of a members’ club.
- A proven track record of leading a successful change programme in a club or similar environment.
- A “can-do” mindset & track record of creating new revenue streams from the food & beverage agenda.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Can demonstrate strong judgement in a diverse environment.
- High financial literacy and excellent IT skills.
- An appreciation of marketing and social media initiatives.
- Commitment to excellence in delivering service with an exemplary eye for detail delivering outstanding customer experience for members and visitors alike.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law, HSE and other regulations, applicable to club management and small companies.
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the position, with the ability to work under pressure.
Remuneration: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club in Dorset of this prestige and profile. Relocation assistance could be provided, if required.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – [email protected] or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 8th December 2023
1st Interviews: Thursday 14th / Friday 15th December 2023