Founded in 1893, Blackwell Golf Club is a private members club that respects the traditions of the game and is renowned for its hospitality and welcoming environment. The par 70, 6244 yard course was designed by Fowler & Simpson and is consistently regarded as one of England’s finest, ranking within the Top 100 courses in the country and Worcestershire’s number one.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Club Operations Assistant to join the team and support the Club Manager and Bookkeeper in the efficient operation and administration of the club. They will assist the Club Manager with the running and administration of the golf operation and act as the point of contact for visitors and societies, along with a variety of other tasks that are key to running a golf club.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Must possess a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the game of golf, its competitive formats and handicapping system.
- Appreciation of and respect for the traditions of a private members club.
- Assist with the organisation, administration and accurate recording of all club competitions.
- Act as the primary point of contact for office enquiries and be an excellent communicator.
- Assist in the organisation and administration of club matches.
- Support the Club Manager with a range of office duties to ensure the smooth running of the club administration.
- Experience with industry specific golf administration software, such as Club V1, is highly desirable.
- A flexible approach towards evening and weekend work at times is essential.
- Desire to provide the best possible service to members of the club.
Candidates should be:
- Friendly, polite & professional.
- Well presented, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently and within a small team.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge with the game of Golf and how it operates.
- Organised, with a great attention to detail.
To apply, a CV and covering letter highlighting relevant knowledge, experience for the role and salary expectations are to be made in writing to Adam Riddle at [email protected].
Closing Date – Friday 15th December