High Post Golf Club is seeking a Club Manager to replace a successful and well-liked manager who is moving on to other projects. Situated to the north of the Cathedral city of Salisbury, the downland course is one of the Premier courses in Wessex which hosts many open and qualifying events. The club has just celebrated its 100th anniversary, and has some important projects currently, including a large in-fill development which will help guarantee the club’s financial future and sustainability projects.
Reporting to the Chairman, the Club Manager will ensure the efficient management and leadership of all aspects of the Club, excluding the Course, and effective communication with members, staff, and stakeholders. The successful individual will have excellent Golf Club management/secretarial skills, be commercially astute, skilled in day-to-day financial management, social media, and marketing; with the ability to lead an experienced, multi-disciplined workforce. He or she will have experience in developing and maintaining key internal and external relationships within a similar environment and controlling a £1 million turnover.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Executive Day to day management of the Club including responsibility for Health, Safety, Environmental and Legal compliance.
- Implementation of the Strategic Plan promoting the Clubs’ mission, aims, values & business.
- Increase revenue through the expansion of membership, hospitality, societies & independent golfers.
- Management of various events to include golf, social calendar, private functions & dining.
- Effective leadership and management of all clubhouse staff, including regular performance reviews to build and develop a team motivated to deliver customer service excellence.
- Develop, implement, and execute the Club’s marketing strategy.
- Ensure budget, cash flow and management reports are prepared monthly for the Board and facilitate the completion of Annual Reports and Accounts.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Able to work at both strategic and operational levels daily.
- Financially astute with knowledge of budgets and cash flow.
- A comprehensive understanding of how Golf Clubs operate, including the provision of hospitality.
- Practical experience in marketing and social media.
- Computer literate with experience of accounting and business systems.
- Understanding of business legislative requirements including Health and Safety.
- Strong knowledge of and Practical day to day use of Intelligent Golf.
- Work as part of a team that is committed to the success of the Club’s business, providing effective leadership management and communication.
- Be customer focused; personable, approachable with natural authority.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the Club.
For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.highpostgolfclub.co.uk
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer. There is no Club accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – [email protected] or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 1st December 2023