The Northern Lawn Tennis Club in Manchester is seeking to recruit a Bar & Catering Manager to
* Manage all aspects of food and beverage delivery;
* Ensure an exceptional standard of customer service;
* Manage, motivate and develop a dedicated staff team;
* Develop a programme of events and functions;
* Control all aspects of bar income and expenditure
* Become an integral part of the Club Management Team.
FOUNDED in 1881, The Northern is a private members’ club with 23 tennis courts, six squash courts, a well equipped gym, spacious fitness studio and a comfortable lounge bar and eatery.
The Lawn Room Bar, with adjacent Conference Room, opens onto an extensive decked area overlooking the grass courts – recognised as the finest view of any Didsbury bar!
And all of this is conveniently located immediately next to the West Didsbury Metrolink station and only 5 minutes drive from the M56 and M60.
The Northern is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Bar & Catering Manager to provide a hospitable welcome – and much-needed refreshment – to our rapidly growing membership.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the area and will show strong leadership and management skills with a hands approach, budgeting expertise and of course a friendly and professional demeanour.
As a key members of the Club’s Management Team, the Bar Manager will show good financial awareness and flexibility in supporting the Club’s opening hours and sporting activities.
* The effective management of all food and beverage delivery;
* Provision of a friendly and professional service to members, guests and visitors at all times;
* 100% compliance with government requirements on health and safety, food hygiene, environmental performance and licensing laws;
* Setting budgets for the bar and monitoring daily/ weekly/ monthly takings to provide accurate data to the Club Accounts Manager;
* Stock control management for all wet and dry stocks, minimising wastage;
* Maximisation of revenue by developing a calendar of social events for members and guests as well as promoting room hire and functions.
* Performance management of all staff, ensuring effective induction, training and development as appropriate;
* Work with other members of the Club Management team and the Executive Committee to ensure that all areas of the Club understand and support each other’s issues and activities.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send an up-to-date CV to [email protected].