Worplesdon Golf Club is ranked among the Top 100 Golf Courses in the UK & Ireland. A classic Surrey heathland course designed in 1908 by J.F. Abercromby. Nestled in the picturesque surroundings of Surrey, our club is celebrated for its commitment to delivering an outstanding golfing experience in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Summary of the main purpose of the job:
To assist the Secretary and ensure the efficient management of the Club’s affairs, finances and governance. To provide facilities and services for members and visitors consistent with the policies as defined by the Board. To maintain a harmonious relationship with all members, visitors and staff.
Responsible to the Secretary & works in conjunction with the Golf Operations Manager, Course Manager, House Manager & Teaching Professionals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Secretary in the implementation of the Club’s strategy, as defined by the Board.
- Work closely with the Secretary to ensure the Club’s Health & Safety and HR policies and procedures are appropriate and up to date.
- Assist with the environmental, social and governance requirements of the Club.
- Work closely with the Secretary to monitor the Club’s finances, revenue streams and budgets.
- Oversee the Club’s society, visitor bookings, and visitor experience.
- Work with the Golf Operations team in the organisation of members’ events, golf matches and competitions.
- Assist with the critical administrative tasks of the secretariat, including front-of-house interactions with members and visitors.
- Work with the golf operations team to implement the Club’s Retail and Shop strategy to hit service and financial targets.
- Develop and implement the Club’s Digital, Media and Data strategies.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office programmes, data analysis, Golf Club Management Systems (preferably IG), and website administration.
- A good understanding of all social media channels.
- Demonstrate a financial understanding across multiple revenue streams and budgets.
- A passion for golf, and a sound understanding of the golf industry.
- Hands-on training and mentorship from highly experienced CMAE/GCMA industry professionals.
- Exposure to a dynamic and supportive work environment.
- Work across the golf environment, gaining the education and skills necessary for career progression.
Remuneration Package: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Application Deadline: Monday 19th February 2024
Contact: Ian Timberlake @ Timberlake Golf – [email protected] or +44 (0) 7764 682018