Location: Kent, England
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Wrotham Heath Golf Club was formed in 1906 and is a well-established, traditional, private members club located near Tonbridge and Maidstone in Kent. The Club is renowned throughout the county for the quality of its heathland/parkland course with year-round playability, its friendly atmosphere, and currently has a full membership of 500.
We seek a suitably qualified, experienced Manager, preferably with golf club experience, to be responsible for day-to-day operational running of the Club, to input to, and lead on, the implementation of our development plans, and to maintain our traditional club values. The role will incorporate the duties required to be performed by the Company Secretary to the Club.
The applicant will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and demonstrate the attributes to effectively manage staff teams and service providers.
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience for this immediately available role. No accommodation is provided with the position.
Reporting to the Chairman, and the Board, the successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities and attributes:-
- Day-to-day operational running of the Club, other than course management, and to maintain our club values.
- Input to, and lead on, the establishment and implementation of development plans.
- Sound, consultative leadership with proven organisational and administrative management abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a good level of IT literacy.
- Knowledge of compliance and legislative requirements and an appreciation of working within a Board, and committee-led, private members club environment.
- Sound financial and commercial acumen including a strong understanding of financial/budgetary control.
- Sound knowledge of the hospitality, food & beverage environment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as necessary.
- Appreciation of golf and its rules, together with the ethos behind the latest initiatives driving participation in golf and, ideally, a keen golfer.
To apply, candidates should email their up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining your reasons for seeking this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org titled ‘ Application for Club Manager - Private & Confidential’ by 31st January 2020.