Location: Hertfordshire, England
Closing Date: 11th April 2021
CMM is delighted to be assisting Berkhamsted Golf Club in their search for a Head Professional.
The famously bunker-free Berkhamsted Golf Club is rated as being among England’s Top 100 golf courses. It is laid out on common land in Hertfordshire’s largest expanse of natural gorse and heather, with over five miles of bridleways and pathways running throughout the golf course and its huge 560-acre estate, full of natural beauty.
The Club and Board are ambitious to improve the facilities, standards and constantly exceed Members and Visitor expectations. The Club wishes to appoint a Head Professional to join the Management team focused on strategic plans to elevate standards and enrich all lives which are connected with the Club.
Job Role: -
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head Professional will be responsible for the day-to-day management of golf operations, in a manner that maximises member satisfaction, revenue generation and people development. Key areas of emphasis include revenue generation, competition administration, group business, tuition management and expense management.
Key technical skills will need to be demonstrated in retailing, operations management, golf coaching, IT systems and events.
Personal attributes: -
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to maintain and build relationships with a variety of different people.
- Focus on customer service excellence, awareness of the importance of building member and client relationships, in touch with trends in golf equipment and sports fashion.
- Professional conduct and appearance.
- Hard-working with the ability to work with autonomy.
- Stand out communication skills with the ability to report effectively.
- Team player that enjoys working towards common goals.
- Display an inherent passion for golf.
This is an employed position following an internal restructure. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Michael Herd on email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th April 2021
To apply please email an up-to-date CV and supporting letter highlighting relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org