Location: Longniddry, Scotland
Closing Date: 16th October
Craigielaw GC are looking to employ a Head Greenkeeper to strengthen the team and be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the greenkeeping team.
The successful applicant will need to be experienced, hard working, reliable and highly motivated. Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a small team. Previous team management skills are not essential but we seek someone with the character and skills to take responsibility for decision making and leadership when called upon. They will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping, the ability to communicate, lead & develop others in the team.
The role is hands-on and requires a combination of ‘golf course’ understanding, excellent interpersonal skills plus an absolute focus on delivering to expectations. You will thrive working in the club environment where the need to prioritise and manage multiple tasks to defined objectives is key, whilst being diplomatic and inclusive.
You should have the ambition to push the levels of attainment in every area that go to building the known standing and reputation of Craigielaw GC on the regional and national scenes. You should be a proven leader of teams of people plus be able to work within the management team, for the greater good of the Club.
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- 5-10 years’ experience of and a good understanding of links golf course management
- Possess a wealth of technical green-keeping and agronomy skills together with impeccable standards of course preparation nurtured over many years.
- Have the ability/experience to handle different situations in a calm and positive manner.
- You have the ability and experience to inspire a team of people, all with differing outlooks and ambitions, to achieve the objectives set by the Club.
- You should have a high standard of professionalism with strong (and clear) written and verbal communication skills both internally and with third parties.
- You have a methodical approach, an eye for detail and be committed to delivering to the highest standard.
- A high level of knowledge and application of health and safety, employment, and other legislation relevant to golf clubs.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- The Head Greenkeepr will hold a minimum qualification of level 3 NVQ or above in an appropriate technical subject in turf science or equivalent.
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience and in line with BIGGA guidelines is on offer. Accommodation could be available with the role.
To apply candidates should email a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and notice period and ability to relocate if necessary.
Contact: Bruce Jamieson at Timberlake Golf –
E: email@example.com; Mob: 07768 874845
Application deadline: Friday 16th October