Location: Co. Cork, Ireland
Closing Date: 31st March 2020
Reporting relationship: Reports to the Board of Management through the Chairman of the Board
Muskerry Golf Club was founded in 1907 and the course was designed by the renowned Dr. Alister MacKenzie. The club is a members club with a strong commitment to maximising participation in all club activities.
The post of Secretary /Manager presents an excellent opportunity for a dynamic self -driven professional who has the capacity to work closely with the Club Officers to deliver a quality service to all members, guests and visitors. The post is offered on a fulltime, five year contract basis with a formal annual review by the nominated Officers of the Club.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Post-holder.
- Responsibility for all administration of the club, working closely with the Club Officers to deliver a cost-effective, efficient support service making optimum use of appropriate software systems.
- Ensure that proper accounting records (including payroll) are maintained, prepared and audited in conjunction with the Club Treasurer.
- In conjunction with the Club Chairman and the relevant Club Officers ensure all policies and procedures that are required to meet the Clubs legislative requirements on matters such as Health & Safety, HR policies and procedures, Fire Safety, HACCP and Food Hygiene, GDPR etc. are in place and updated when required.
- Ensure that the Club Constitution, Bye-Laws, Policy Statement and news items on the Club website are amended and updated as required in accordance with GDPR
- Liaise with the Golfing Regulatory bodies.
- Maintain a professional and welcoming approach at all times when dealing with
members, guests and visitors.
- To act as Secretary to the Board of Management
- To work constructively with the Head Greenkeeper, the Bar Manager, the Club
Professional and the Caterer in delivering a quality service to all members and
- To work closely with the Chairman of the Board of Management, the Captain, Lady
Captain and President to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Golf Club
- Ensure all Human Resources requirements (eg personnel files, payroll) are managed
professionally, ensuring compliance with current employment legislation.
- Promote the Club and be active in marketing the Club facilities in order to maximise
revenue from green fees.
- During the peak golfing season and at times of major competitions there may be a
requirement to work weekends.
- Manage online booking and administration system, membership details and handicap records.
- Communicate effectively with external organisations, individuals, agencies and sponsors.
- Maintain a log of members dealing with junior/juvenile members who have Garda vetting clearance and assist Junior Offices with any requirements relating to Safeguarding Policies.
As the Club evolves, flexibility in regard to allocation of specific duties will be necessary. The list of duties detailed above in not intended to be exclusive or restrictive, duties may be added or withdrawn in consultation with the postholder. A more detailed list of duties will be made available during the induction period of the successful candidate.
- Substantive work experience with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar type role, with an understanding of the game of golf;
- Excellent IT skills to include SAGE, Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be open to utilise social media tools and other commonly used internet platforms to communicate with members and the public;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and the ability to work on your
own initiative is essential;
Muskerry Golf Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications are invited by email , (cover letter and full Curriculum Vitae which must include two referees). References will be sought to relation to the successful candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31st March 2020