Location: Surrey, England
Closing Date: 2nd March 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a General Manager at the exclusive, Royal Mid Surrey Golf Club. Founded in 1892, the Club enjoys a superb reputation as one of the most hospitable golf facilities in the South-East. This long-established and prestigious 36 hole private members’ club is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven management experience and commercial acumen to continue to drive the historic change in corporate governance, course improvements and enhancements to the Club’s facilities.
The Club now invites applications for the position of General Manager due to the incumbent accepting a new position.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Oversee the management & operation of the Club, reporting to the Chairman.
- Develop, with the Chairman, long-term strategic plans for the Club.
- Motivate and lead the direct reports to achieve their objectives.
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s full-time accountant, the finance function, including development of budgets and financial plans.
- Ensure the Club’s service offerings, facilities and courses are presented to the highest
- defined standards at all times.
- Represent the Club effectively in its dealings with third parties.
- Health and safety and other legal and regulatory matters.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven management and administrative capabilities.
- Strong leadership, diplomacy and communication skills and a sense of humour. ➢ An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Good IT skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience is on offer to attract best of breed individuals, who are seeking to embrace a high profile role. Package to include private healthcare, relocation allowance (if necessary) & generous non-contributory pension.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up to date CV, details of their current remuneration & ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07764 682018.
Application deadline: Monday 2nd March 2020