Location: Lancashire, England
Closing Date: 27th January 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Bolton Golf Club to appoint a new General Manager. Bolton GC, with its championship golf course, large practice ground, excellent short game area and charming Clubhouse, offers one the finest & friendliest golf facilities in the North-West.
To take responsibility for the administration, sales and profit performance of the Club and lead a well-trained and motivated team of staff to provide an exceptional experience to members, guests and visitors.
- Plan resources and deliver cost effective, efficient support services to the members of the Club, making optimum use of modern management methods and technology.
- Be responsible for the running of the administration of the Club and its premises within the context of the annual business plan and approved budget.
- Recruit, manage, motivate and develop staff.
Key Skills Required
- General management skills including sales and marketing, accounting, food and beverage, retail, human resources and health & safety.
- Production of business plans, financial budgets and control mechanisms, marketing plans and capex schedules.
- Experience of and/or qualifications in golf management.
- Experience of running functions and events.
- Knowledge of modern digital marketing techniques and social media platforms.
- Good front of house skills and public speaking.
- Team building, motivational and communication skills.
- The ability to perform as a member of and lead a team.
- Planning and delivery to deadlines.
- Proven management and administration capability.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Good IT skills.
- Knowledge of employment and health & safety legislation.
For more information about the club, please visit our website: www.boltongolfclub.co.uk
A competitive package commensurate with experience and industry guidelines.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current salary & benefits package, notice period and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – email@example.com or +44 (0) 7764 682018 Application deadline: Monday 27th January 2020