Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Closing Date: 10th January 2019
Founded in 1892, Mortonhall Golf Club is the oldest course in Edinburgh over which golf is still played. The Course is a superb championship test and boasts unrivalled, scenic views across Edinburgh, the Firth of Forth and the Pentland Hills. The course, originally designed by Willie Park Junior, J H Taylor and James Braid was updated by Fred Hawtree in the 1970’s and is in the process of completing a significant renovation undertaken by renowned golf architects, Mackenzie & Ebert.
The Club is looking to appoint a suitably qualified individual, responsible for the efficient management, leadership and operation of the Golf Shop and other golf operational matters working closely with the new appointed Chief Executive Officer to uphold the vision, values and objectives of the this long-established and prestigious private members’ club. This highly visible position requires strong leadership and communication skills.
The club is in the process of completing a comprehensive strategic review and this role will be integral in developing and implementing the priority actions.
- Experienced manager at a high service golf facility.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of retail and golf operations.
- Enthusiastic, polite and approachable; always looking to exceed expectations.
- Modern day communication skills to embrace all social media.
- Strives for excellence by paying attention to important detail at all times;
- Offer the highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy along with gravitas,
common sense and good sense of humour;
- Passion for Golf and in-depth knowledge of the golf industry, the rules, the history of the
game and etiquette.
- Hold a relevant golf qualification (HND, Degree, Diploma or PGA Member)
- A competitive package commensurate with experience and industry guidelines.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current salary & benefits package, notice period and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 10th January 2019