Location: Surrey, England
Closing Date: 26th February 2021
Hankley Common Golf Club is a private members club
in Farnham, Surrey and host to many top golf events, including the English
Amateur Championship in 2019. We are
currently seeking a Competitions & Handicaps Manager to assist in providing
a first-class experience to a full membership.
The Competitions & Handicaps Manager will
assist in providing all necessary administrative duties for the successful day
to day operation of services to Members, Visitors, Guests and Societies. You will have responsibility for the running
and administration of member golf competitions and their handicaps under the
WHS, which is the integral part of the role.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Must possess a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the game of golf, its competitive formats and traditions within a private members club.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the organisation, administration and accurate recording of all club competitions.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the administration and accurate recording of all playing member handicaps through the WHS Platform.
- Assist in the organisation, administration and accounting of well over 100 annual matches played between Hankley Common Golf Club and other clubs, both near and far.
- Support the General Manager and Assistant Secretary with a range of office duties to ensure the smooth running of the club administration.
- Experience with industry specific golf administration software, such as Intelligent Golf, is highly desirable.
- Given the nature of weekend competitive play at the Club, a flexible approach towards evening and weekend work at times is essential.
- Desire to provide the best possible
service to members of the club
Candidates should be:
Friendly, polite & professional
Well presented, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Self-motivated, capable of working independently and within a small team
Proficient in the use of IT
Excellent knowledge with the game of Golf and how it operates
Organised and great attention to detail at all times
To apply please email your CV and supporting statement to Alex Woodward, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Farnham, Surrey
Salary: £24k per annum
Closing Date: Friday 26th February 2021