Location: East Kent, England
Closing Date: 20th March 2020
NORTH FORELAND GOLF CLUB is situated at the tip of East Kent on a chalk cliff top, playable all year round with stunning views over the English Channel. Founded in 1903 the course has recently benefited from extensive improvement culminating in being awarded England Golf Championship Venue. The clubhouse too, has seen significant investment in catering facilities, new IT systems and the adoption of Intelligent Golf software. North Foreland is a friendly club with a modern relaxed dress code, outlook and a healthy membership. Broadstairs & North Kent is a great place to live and work and the region has much to offer.
We are looking for a professional Club Manager with a proven track record and ability to implement the progressive business plan and to develop the golfing and commercial opportunities of the club. Working with the Chairman and Board of Directors you will be energetic, possess strong motivational and management skills to lead all heads of departments daily whilst providing a friendly and positive experience for members and visitors alike.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To have executive responsibility for all aspects of the administration of the club facilities and workforce
- Be able to maximise all potential income streams and recognise & implement any development opportunities.
- Knowledge and application of employment law, health and safety legislation and the relevant licensing and GDPR requirements ensuring a safe working environment for all.
- To recruit, develop, manage and lead by example, a dedicated team.
- A proven track record of success in general management in a golf club or similar environment.
- A good understanding of the hospitality industry, including food and beverage sales.
- Possess good all-round IT skills, preferably with a working knowledge of Intelligent Golf software and actively develop the Clubs website and social media accounts to promote the Club.
- Flexible approach to working hours including weekends as dictated by the nature of the role.
- An appreciation of the game of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
For more information, please visit our website: www.northforeland.co.uk
REMUNERATION: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile. Relocation assistance could be provided, if required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – email@example.com or 07764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 20th March 2020