Location: Corballis, Donabate, Co.Dublin. Ireland
Closing Date: 7th February 2020
The Island Golf Club, founded in 1890, is a traditional private Members’ golf club with a proud history of upholding the best traditions of amateur golf.
Overlooked by the North County Dublin village of Malahide, the links is located in some of the most stunning dunes on the east coast of Ireland. It is also one of the oldest golf courses in Ireland.
We currently have an opportunity for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant to provide support to management and requires excellent organisational skills and the ability to be proactive in supporting the club. The nature of the work is extremely confidential and the candidate should show discretion in all aspects of client & member interaction.
The candidate should have strong communication, IT and interpersonal skills and will be responsible for managing the workflow through the office and wider club. This will entail implementing a workflow project management system to handle the high volume of assignments that are currently in progress and any projects that are coming online in the future.
Administration, financial and secretarial support to the management team and staff, covering the standard range of support services offered by a person in this position and could include:
- Organise and schedule meetings, conferences and events proactively and using initiative
- Screening and dealing with phone calls
- Assisting with the management of Visitor and Tour operator business to the Club
- Manage relationships confidentiality including club employees, clients & members
- Implement workflow management system and manage the workflow within the office and follow up on all activities.
- Create reports, minutes, presentations and letters to a very high standard. Contextual understanding and initiative are very important here
- Membership billing and filing and timesheet analysis
- Credit control responsibilities, including issuing monthly statements to clients and supporting the
credit control function, which is based in the office
- Discussing debtor ledger issues and supporting the teams in collection of cash, lodgements and
banking of same.
- Administrative link with the marketing department, which is also based within the club office
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Enthusiastic and confident with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Very high level of proficiency and working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude to implementing solutions and problem solving
- Excellent writing skills (draft letters, minutes, reports etc) requiring a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to produce results under strict/short deadlines or for longer term projects
- Ability to multitask and to use initiative with a responsive and flexible approach and “can-do” attitude
- High level of conscientiousness and confidentiality
To apply, candidates should email a letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and notice period to HonSec@theislandgolfclub.com. Closing date for applications is Friday February 7th 2020 at 5.00pm.
Personal Data & GDPR:
In applying for a role with us, you consent that The Island Golf Club will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.